suck`er (suhk-er): Slightly inappropriate yet charming nickname used between husband and wife. Used in a sentence: "The Suckers welcomed Sofia on June 25, 2009."
5.17.2009
More Showertime!
Last weekend brought some great weather and a gathering of good friends and family. My mother-in-law's friends have a wonderful tradition of throwing bridal and baby showers for each other's daughters and daughters-in-law. I was the lucky recipient of a lovely baby shower on Saturday, May 9th. Sue hosted at her house and the other 4 ladies cooked, baked, bartended, decorated and hosted like no others. As Steve would say, this wasn't their first rodeo. After mingling outside and enjoying an amazing lunch, the group gathered to watch me open gifts. I always feel a little uncomfortable being "on stage" like that, but I know I enjoy seeing others open gifts, so I do my best to explain what it is and who it's from (without sweating too much). As with our wedding, I am so touched by everyone's generosity. And good taste...Piccolina will be one well-dressed child!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment