Sofia v. Devil
"It's the perfect day to cast out the devil!" was the response that my mother-in-law gave me when I scoffed at the idea of having Sofia's baptism on Halloween. And when I thought about it, she was right. What better day? So we all gathered at the chapel at Bellarmine to celebrate baby's first Sacrament. She is officially tied with mommy, who also has one Sacrament under her belt (marriage). But I'm not sure it counts if you don't do them in order. Godmother/Auntie Jen will have to advise me on that.Father Cobb (who presided at our wedding) and Father Wade, both from Bellarmine, performed the ceremony with their usual wit and grace. It was great to have them both be a part of Sofia's special day. Post-sacrament, we celebrated, as we like to do, with much food and drink back at the homestead.
Sofia with the Jesuits, mom and dad and her proud Godparents, Jennifer & Nick.
The whole crew
When it came time to provide Sofia with the holy water, Fr. Cobb was a bit...well, heavy handed.
He splashed her whole face and proclaimed many times "Oh man! I really got her good!"
She cried briefly, then rallied like a champ.
Back at the house we took a few more pictures in her lovely gown that was also worn by Godmother Jen and cousins Marissa & Andrea!
She changed into her party dress and tights to coordinate with Grandma.
Gabriella, Lauren (with Sofia's SJ Sharkey), Claire (mommy to Lauren & Grant) Grant and Dominic. Chaos ensues.
No comments:
Post a Comment