8.01.2009

Let's Do Lunch

Steve and I got out for our first date since Sofia's arrival today. We opted for a "lunch date" because we didn't want to subject the babysitter (Grandma Peg) to the witching hour of the evening. She said she was up for "some fussiness" and was willing to do dinnertime, but she really has no idea how bad it can be! We'll save that for later, don't want to scare her off just yet. And of course this evening she is being an angel (so far).

We happily sped off to Santana Row for lunch at the new LB Steak, an offshoot of Left Bank that is in the old Tanglewood spot. It was a glorious day and we sat outside and watched the characters and a Bentley roll by. The guy in the Bentley was drinking a box of milk. Maybe there was Cristal in the box?

Maybe because it was lunchtime and the sun was out...but I didn't feel that guilt that everyone talks about their first time out. I was just happy to be out, wearing a dress (and make-up!) and feeling a little like it was the first day of summer vacation. We didn't have to worry about finding an elevator. Or a parking space big enough to get the car seat out. Or worrying that a screaming baby would interrupt other people's meals. It was rejuvenating and I think we'll do it again!

I didn't get a shot of the escaped parents, but I did take one of the FABULOUS meal.
This is the "Exotic" burger with apricot chutney and avocado. And pomme frites. MMMM.

No comments:

Post a Comment