6.18.2009

Downright Laziness

There are lots and lots of fun events and parties and such to blog about and I'll get to those (just like I'll get to the pile of thank you notes on the kitchen table). But right now, I thought I'd provide the latest. In less than one week, our permanent house guest will arrive. Everyone keeps saying "hasn't it just flown by?" No, actually it hasn't. The first 4 months were the slowest in the history of (wo)man mainly because I was feeling so crappy. Since I've been feeling better, it has gone by a little faster, but I still feel like it's been a really long 10 months. I'm not complaining. While I'm SUPER excited and curious to see her and be amazed at everything about her, another part of me just wants to hold onto these last few days of normalcy. Quiet. Downright laziness. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, has encouraged us, even pleaded with us, to enjoy these last days as a couple. Then in the next breath they feel obligated to tell us how wonderful it will be when she arrives, as not to completely petrify us. Understandably, I'm conflicted!

And how do I know that she'll arrive in less than one week? The c-section is scheduled for June 25th, that's how I know. Unless she pops out of her diving pike position, it looks likely that's the day. It's been a very strange month, emotionally. When we first heard the c-section was likely, I was pretty bummed out. I'd spent the last few months really getting used to the idea of labor and delivery. I was
almost looking forward to it. Now, I've come to terms with the idea of surgery and it's benefits, as explained to me by the MANY women who have come out of the woodwork to sing its praises:
  • She won't have a cone head
  • There's the chance you could end up having a c-section even after laboring for many hours, this way your body is not as exhausted...less risk of infection, etc., etc...
  • My "down there" parts will remain intact (so all those kegels were in vain?)
  • Yes, the recovery will be longer, but we'll get to stay in the hospital and learn from the uber-knowledgable nurses for an extra few days
Maybe it's just me trying to make the best of the situation. She's coming out one way or another, and the planner in me kinda likes knowing when and where. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. The planner in me would dig that, too. Shoot, you can put it in your dang outlook calendar! With one of those obnoxious red "High Importance" flags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, now I am a follower!

    Good luck on the 25th. It will be a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete